A visual inspections campaign and collection of available information about the metal and concrete structures of a cement factory has been carried out in order to assess the state of conservation, detect and catalogue structural pathologies that require repair in the factory maintenance works.
The action plan is based on the following line of work:
- Structures cataloguing. A general inspection has been carried out in order to establish:
- Different structures cataloguing and typologies of the different units.
- Apparent state of conservation
- Damage level
- Assessment of building importance to weigh the previous classification.
- Review of existing documentation. The related documentation is the one necessary to be able to appraise a structure in case of damage or structural failures.
- On-site review.
- General assessment of the state of conservation.
- Detection of urgent actions.